-
February 12th, 2001, 08:45 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Someone is selling a Goko 302 on ebay right now. I gave after the price went to $500.
I understand it has it's own CCD and composite out-this unit has been modified to handle different speeds.
-
February 12th, 2001, 05:36 PM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
I followed an Elmo-TRV Projector unit on E-bay that ended up selling for $5,000.00!
Stunning!
Why? Because other than Film and Video Transfers in Northridge Ca, I know of no other lower cost - non-rank - high-quality transfer houses for under $125.00 an hour...
....so people would rather spend a lot, get a projector, and get in the Super-8 Transfer business themselves....
I just don't think other than the Sony Telecine Machine...which is considered High -Quality but needs frequent repairs (and is no longer made) that a big void exists for the "Non-Rank" Super-8 Transfer.
-Alex
[This message has been edited by Alex (edited February 12, 2001).]
-
February 12th, 2001, 10:36 PM
#3
Inactive Member
The Goko TC-302 is only for 8mm. It can't be modified to use Super 8. They all vary in speed by 2 fps. Which is to say they have a 18fps setting and a 24fps setting which you can manually change to be faster or slower by 2fps. These also don't have a built in camera, but are made to be used with an external camera. The 300 models are very expensive and hard to get. They are based on projectors and create an arial image that can be recorder by the camera you use. I have a TC-20. It's based on editior and uses a prisim to display the image. I use this in conjunction with a 3CCD camera and get a very nice quality transfer.
-
February 13th, 2001, 07:08 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I have Goko (can't remember the number) Video System machine and it's a piece of junk. I get better quality with projector and a piece of a white paper. Wanna buy my Goko Video System??? I'll sell it cheap.
M
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks